Re: Calling stored procedures from Visual Basic for appl?

From: George Svedloff <svedloff_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 7 Feb 1995 07:10:15 GMT

In <3h738j$4a0_at_deep.rsoft.bc.ca> Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca writes:

>In article <3h0dhi$482_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, gxun65a_at_aol.com (GXUN65A)
 says:

>>The last that I had heard, was 'NO', at least where I work...We run under
>>SQL Net, and use ODBC from Micosoft. I'd like to know, if anyone else
>>hears different.
>>
>Au contraire. I am doing exactly this. I am using VBA from within Excel,
>using the Oracle ODBC driver, and MS-TCP32 protocol stack over SQL*Net 2.1
>and am using stored procedures. The trick that worked for me was to use
>the following syntax in the SQL call: "BEGIN <package>.<proc name>; END;".
>
>I had no luck until I did it using the anonymous PL/SQL block.
>
>Cheers,
> Bruce

The method described above will work fine, but you will not be able to get anything back from Stored Procedures (in other words, you can not use OUT and IN/OUT parameters). There is no concept of binding variables in Visual Basic. Received on Tue Feb 07 1995 - 08:10:15 CET

Original text of this message