Re: Calling stored procedures from Visual Basic for appl?

From: Bruce MacDonald <Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 16:00:49 GMT

In article <3h76cn$rlf_at_ixnews1.ix.netcom.com>, svedloff_at_ix.netcom.com (George Svedloff) says:

>The method described above will work fine, but you will not be able to get
>anything back from Stored Procedures (in other words, you can not use
>OUT and IN/OUT parameters). There is no concept of binding variables in
>Visual Basic.

Right. Luckily this was not a requirement for me. The stored procedure is summarizing some data and storing it in an intermediate table, which I then query from VBA.

Also, those interested should note that Oracle7 stored procedures cannot return database rows directly, as I believe Sybase procedures can. You need to use a results table as I did.

Bruce MacDonald                                Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca
Database Consultant
Cornerstone Computer Associates Inc.
Chairperson, Vancouver Oracle Users Group Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 17:00:49 CET

Original text of this message