Re: Install error on PC Oracle7 install: object10.vrf(0)

From: Matt Hoehnen <hoehnen_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 27 Jan 1995 05:13:08 GMT

> I copied the files PO7_WIN.BAT and PO7_WIN.EXE files from www.oracle.com
> under /pub/www/po7windows/big.
> While decompressing files, couple of times it asked me 'file exists,
> want to overwrite?'. I told it to overwrite.
> While executing the setup.exe, during the 'Analyzing Oracle Installer
> dependencies' step I get the following notification -
>
> 'object10.vrf(0): FILE_NOT_FOUND while verifying object10'

To avoid these problems, unzip po7_win.exe as shown below:

        c:\> po7_win.exe -d -n

The -d option restores the required directory structure. In other words, if all 611 files are unzipped into one directory, you'll get the FILE_NOT_FOUND error when you run orainst.exe. Try uncompressing the archive again with the -d switch.

The -n switch causes only newer files to be extracted. You'll end up with the newest version of some duplicate files, and you won't get the prompt 'file exists, want to overwrite'.

Incidentally, the po7_win.exe archive contains the win32s files you'll need to run po7, so there's no need to download the separate file win32s.exe, as the directions on www.oracle.com may lead you to believe.

-Matt Received on Fri Jan 27 1995 - 06:13:08 CET

Original text of this message