Re: Install error on PC Oracle7 install: object10.vrf(0)

From: Glenn <stauffer_at_cc.swarthmore.edu>
Date: 27 Jan 1995 12:39:47 GMT

hoehnen_at_u.washington.edu (Matt Hoehnen) wrote:

> > I copied the files PO7_WIN.BAT and PO7_WIN.EXE files from www.oracle.com
> > under /pub/www/po7windows/big.
> > While decompressing files, couple of times it asked me 'file exists,
> > want to overwrite?'. I told it to overwrite.
> > While executing the setup.exe, during the 'Analyzing Oracle Installer
> > dependencies' step I get the following notification -
> >
> > 'object10.vrf(0): FILE_NOT_FOUND while verifying object10'
>
> To avoid these problems, unzip po7_win.exe as shown below:
>
> c:\> po7_win.exe -d -n

The po7_win.bat file appears to be formatted incorrectly - if you "type" it wraps around on the screen. This file does have the -d -n flags, but if you run it, the flags are ignored. I successfully uncompressed the po7_win.exe file using the line shown above and the install works fine after that.

Glenn Received on Fri Jan 27 1995 - 13:39:47 CET

Original text of this message