Re: ORACLE7 Table Ownership problem

From: DavidJRoth <davidjroth_at_aol.com>
Date: 25 Jan 1995 20:46:20 -0500

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Setting to public ==> GRANT SELECT ON tablename TO PUBLIC; This will work but you have created another headache for your self! The tables were probably created in the SYSTEM tablespace. If so you will end up with lots of fragmentation which will lead to poor performance which will lead to the need to defragment and defragmentation of the SYSTEM tablespace is a pain the the A. As a general rule of thumb, only the tables created by Oracle and owned by SYS should reside in the SYSTEM tablespace. David Roth Carty Mailloux Consulting All opinions expressed are my own. UNIX Client/Server System Integrators Please that them for what they are (508) 392-1300x20 worth.