Re: Interfacing to Personal Oracle

From: Douglas Hackney <hackneyd_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 25 Jan 1995 06:01:55 GMT

In <3g4okg$t8g_at_bristol.onramp.net> mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net (Michael J. Marolda) writes:

>In article <3g3q31$1fi_at_viking.cs.ubc.ca>,
>David Feldcamp <feldcamp_at_cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
>>While it has been abundantly clear that no network connectivity is
>>supported in Personal Oracle, it hasn't been clear to me from previous
>>posts whether it is possible for third party interfaces (e.g., Excel5
>>via ODBC or Omnis7) to connect to Personal Oracle *** if they are
>>running on the same machine ***. Has anyone tried this and succeeded
>>or have information one way or the other?
>
>I've been able to access personal Oracle from MS-Query using the ODBC
>driver supplied with the oracle distribution. I just used "local" for
>the SQL*Net connect string and everything worked okay.
>
>Mike Marolda
>mmarolda_at_onramp.net
>Onramp Productions - http://bristol.onramp.net/

I've been able to access via the Oracle7 ODBC driver with both MS Access and GQL.

I haven't been able to get the SQL*NET/Local connection to work yet though. Keep receiving "no interface driver loaded" error. I didn't have any problem getting this to work with Oracle 6.

Any ideas anyone?

Doug Hackney                                  hackneyd_at_ix.netcom.com