Re: Interfacing to Personal Oracle

From: Michael J. Marolda <mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net>
Date: 24 Jan 1995 23:46:56 -0600

In article <3g3q31$1fi_at_viking.cs.ubc.ca>, David Feldcamp <feldcamp_at_cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
>While it has been abundantly clear that no network connectivity is
>supported in Personal Oracle, it hasn't been clear to me from previous
>posts whether it is possible for third party interfaces (e.g., Excel5
>via ODBC or Omnis7) to connect to Personal Oracle *** if they are
>running on the same machine ***. Has anyone tried this and succeeded
>or have information one way or the other?

I've been able to access personal Oracle from MS-Query using the ODBC driver supplied with the oracle distribution. I just used "local" for the SQL*Net connect string and everything worked okay.

Mike Marolda
mmarolda_at_onramp.net
Onramp Productions - http://bristol.onramp.net/ Received on Wed Jan 25 1995 - 06:46:56 CET

Original text of this message