sqlload performance

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 24 Jan 1995 17:01:12 GMT

I want to load and index a database on a monthly basis. There is no referential integrity or constraint checking. The data will be valid. It's being passed to an Oracle data warehouse via sequential files and the data has already been validated.

My question is what's the fastest way to load it? I'm planning to use sqlload's direct path, but would it be faster to truncate the tables every month and reload, allowing sqlload to build the indices as it goes? Or would it be faster to drop the indices entirely, load the tables, then re-create the indices with sqlplus?

        Chuck Received on Tue Jan 24 1995 - 18:01:12 CET

Original text of this message