Re: DB writers

From: Bob Swisshelm <swisshelm_at_lilly.com>
Date: 12 Jan 95 22:17:12 EST

In article <3f0ves$9ff_at_lucy.infi.net> Glenn Travis, gtravis_at_richmond.infi.net writes:
>Anyone know of the existing bugs with DB writers in v7.0.16?

I've had problems using multiple db writers under solaris. I think that I continued to have problems up to and including 7.0.16. When we had multiple database writers, we had problems whenever we tried to execute a command that updated the control files, such as adding a file to a tablespace.

I have since found out that under solaris you want to set the init.ora parameter 'async_writes' to true, and have only 1 database writer.

Bob Swisshelm | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com | 317 276 5472 Eli Lilly and Company | Lilly Corporate Center | Indianapolis, IN 46285 Received on Fri Jan 13 1995 - 04:17:12 CET

Original text of this message