Re: Is

From: Arthur Yasinski <ayasinski_at_nofc.forestry.ca>
Date: 13 Jan 1995 05:27:29 GMT

CB5967A_at_american.edu (Christopher Brunn) wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to establish a database connection with Oracle
> without using SQLNET or other client license products?

Relative shot-in-the-dark, here.

Set up an httpd (WWW) server on the same machine as the Oracle server. Write some oraperl scripts to log in, and get/massage the data in the way you want, and return to a WWW browser. Basically, in a nutshell, write oraperl CGI scripts.

That way (in theory), anyone on any client can access the data on the server.

P.S. That kinda defeats the point of client/server, though. I would

      ultimately recommend SQL*Net!

Hope this helps,
Arthur Yasinski
NWR Informatics
ayasinski_at_nofc.forestry.ca Received on Fri Jan 13 1995 - 06:27:29 CET

Original text of this message