Re: Client/server apps for mac?

From: David Scott <dscott_at_is.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 00:40:45 -0500

In article <3f2444$mgs_at_pandora.sdsu.edu>, Ken Parker <Ken.parker_at_sdsu.edu> wrote:

> I am in the process of converting a database (on powermac's) from
> FileMaker to something. I would like to use some client/server
> application to access existing Oracle databases as well. If anyone
> could provide any experience/suggestions/info I would be eternaly
> grateful! The following are applications that I have herd of but
> know nothing about: Uniface, VisualWorks, Vision, C/S Elements,
> form, DataEdit, CPX (prograph), Visual AppBuilder. Thanks in advance!

Ken - I use Visual AppBuilder for some of my c/s apps, and am quite fond of it. It's easy to use (connect the dots!) and works well. Send mail or post if you want more specific info; the type of apps you're building and your programming experience will have a definite impact on the the tool you will feel best with. Good luck in your search!

--
David Scott
...how can I keep from singing?