Q: More fucking bad oracle instructions on install

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com>
Date: 9 Jan 1995 21:23:20 -0500

doesn't this sound familiar:

follow instructions in installation guide, and .... it doesn't work.

Install from CD. First of all, start.sh used a command that doesn't exists (cd_link). It modify this script to use ln (SCO unix). then it fails when it tries to rename the rdbms/install/install file. I modify it again.

Then, during the installer, there is no way to install from CD; only from tape, or temp or perm stagin area. I pick temp area. then it fails when it says it cannot locate tk2.vrf file.
at that point I exited (I had no choice) and only lent more credence to the statement that Oracle doesn't test their fucking install programs, and probably writes the fucking install docmentaion, then makes numberous changes without updating their docs. Fuck this shit. I am moving to smoe other database.

1. Earth is 98% full. Please delete anyone you can.
2. I came, I saw, I deleted all your files.
3. The world will end in 5 minutes. Please log out.