Re: oraperl, os2 and oracle 7

From: Michael Upmalis <mupmalis_at_cmi.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 17:32:22 GMT

In article <bslesins-0501950147400001_at_1.1.1.1>, bslesins_at_netcom.com (Brian Slesinsky) wrote:

> In article <3edvp0$2tb_at_osiris.wu-wien.ac.at>, Rony.Flatscher_at_wu-wien.ac.at
> wrote:
> > Oracle is in bed with Microsoft and about to abandon everything else but
> Windows...
>
> > Guess what, they chose MFC and are heavily locked into MS-technology...

> > Sad, but true. Anyone correct me, if I am wrong.
> >
> > ---rony
>
> This is crap. Oracle's applications are portable across GUI's, and a lot
> of effort is devoted to making sure they will continue to be so.

Au contraire mon frere.

The discussion was about CASE, and as xterm CASE users our options are windows, or, uh,
windows. Our upgrade path is, uh, windows. Or windows emulation under UNIX.

Also,even though Project X is very multiplatform, the development environment is, uh,
windows.

--
Michael Upmalis                       <> I would rather be
Canadian Market Images                <> anywhere but me.....