Re: tablespace 'SYSTEM'

From: Age of illusion <92908250_at_cpccux0.cphk.hk>
Date: 4 Jan 1995 15:32:06 GMT

Moorthy N. Rekapalli (moorthy_at_eng.auburn.edu) wrote: : I am trying to create a default block. When I am saving the form, I am getting the error: : ORA-01547: failed to allocate extent of size 62 in tablespace 'SYSTEM'

: But, I could generate and execute the form. What do I need to do to save the form in this situation.

: Where can I find the solutions for ORA-xxxxx errors. I have SQL*Forms Designer's reference, in which there are only FRM-xxxxx errors.

ORA-XXXXX errors are oracle server error, not forms error, try to run  'oerr ora xxxxx' in unix(or vms, os/2 where your oracle server locate) prompt to find out a detail error message.

By the way, there may have some possible problem in your case.

  1. you try to save your form in database where system tablespace full. Solution:
    -If possible, save it in file format.
    -Ask your dba to alter your account to use other
    tablespace as your default tablespace. In fact, system tablespace is not a right place to store user data.
  2. the system tablespace is full for the additional data dictionary information. Solution:
    -Ask your dba to increase the size of system tablespace
    -Ask your dba to change the storage parameter of this
    tablespace so that the extent will not be too large. Hope this can help. Henry.