Re: tablespace 'SYSTEM'

From: Marcus Anthony <mant_at_dump.com>
Date: 4 Jan 1995 14:44:11 GMT

In article <D1tnsp.D9F_at_mail.auburn.edu>, moorthy_at_eng.auburn.edu (Moorthy N. Rekapalli) says:

>I am trying to create a default block. When I am saving the form, I am getting the error:
> ORA-01547: failed to allocate extent of size 62 in tablespace 'SYSTEM'

Well, hopefully your entire database isn't in the system tablespace. Depending on how it's set up, it sounds like you need to add a datafile to the system tablespace. Try the following sql to see how things look:

select tablespace_name, count(*) fragments, max(blocks) blocks

    from sys.dba_free_space
    group by tablespace_name;

My guess that the max free blocks in system is < 62. In this case: ALTER TABLESPACE SYSTEM
ADD DATAFILE filespec [filespec] . . ;

(filespec is of the form: 'location' size n M/K) eg ADD DATAFILE 'usr/users/oracle/system_01.dbf' SIZE 5M;

Hope this helps some. Received on Wed Jan 04 1995 - 15:44:11 CET

Original text of this message