Re: faster than SQLLOADER

From: Jonathan Lewis <Jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 12:12:45 +0000

In article <3e3uhb$1q8_at_portal.gmu.edu>

           mghous1_at_mason1.gmu.edu "Mohammed Ghouse" writes:

: Is there any other method to load 3 million records of 100 reclength
: into a table already having 60 million records. We need to have an
: index of a key of length 17. What I need is a method
:
: 1. Which is faster than SQL loader with DIRECT PATH
: 2. with less space requirment (speed is more imporatant)
: 3. Dropping and recreating of index can be considered if there
: is an advantage.
:
: One of the oracle consultants says that exp /import is faster. He says
: that a file with exp format can be created through c program which in
: turn can be imported. Is it practicable? and wheteher there is any speed
: advantage in this method.
:

Did your Oracle consultant explain the trade-offs that resulted in this conclusion ? Are there any special constraints on the table, or row-based triggers ?

--
Jonathan Lewis