Re: Oracle7 for Windows

From: Doug Halke <halked_at_ccsmtp.ccf.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 1994 20:28:15 GMT

In article <3d817n$1h7_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jgreene_at_aol.com (Jgreene) says:

>Udo Becker (udo_at_becker.ping.de) wrote:
>> Hello,
>

> I'd like to know whether Oracle7 for Windows (Ora7Win) is already
> available anywhere.
>
> I have been told it will be available in Canada towards the end
> of January. Status in US unknown.

Mid-to-end January is what I've been told. We've latched on to a Beta copy for testing. It's pretty impressive...if you have 16mb of memory and about 120-140mb hard disk available. It comes with windows-based utilities (SQL*Loader, Export/Import, etc.) that can actually access Oracle servers on other platforms via SQL*Net. For the intro price, the utilities alone are worth it.

Doug Received on Wed Dec 21 1994 - 21:28:15 CET

Original text of this message