Re: $200 oracle?

From: Paul Singer <singerap_at_powergrid.electriciti.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 1994 16:23:45

In article <3d05tp$635$1_at_mhadg.production.compuserve.com> Frank Greene <74200.427_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:
>From: Frank Greene <74200.427_at_CompuServe.COM>
>Subject: $200 oracle?
>Date: 18 Dec 1994 02:14:17 GMT

>Recent spate of articles in the literature that Oracle is going
>to introduce a 'full featured' version 7 for use on PCs at around
>$200. Anyone heard anything about this? Devlivery, limits, etc.

I got this "strait from the horses mouht" at IOUW 94. The desk tops products manager herself said that this would be avaiable by now as a version 7.1.3 version under windows. I would be single user only. I have the beta and it works if you don't mind windows crashing on a regular basis. But then if your using windows you should be accostumed to this behavior. I know I am.

As to when it will really be available? Any one out there seen it? Received on Sun Dec 18 1994 - 16:23:45 CET

Original text of this message