Re: $200 oracle?

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 21 Dec 1994 06:08:01 GMT

Frank Greene (74200.427_at_CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: Recent spate of articles in the literature that Oracle is going
: to introduce a 'full featured' version 7 for use on PCs at around
: $200. Anyone heard anything about this? Devlivery, limits, etc.

I called Oracle "Direct PC" sales at Oracle after seeing a $200 advertisement, they (trainees?) were confused by my statement that I am an Oracle customer. They FAXed me some marketing excretia: the product is pretty weak (IMHO), besides the RDBMS it only includes SQL*Plus and OLE 2? support. They said that to get SQL*Net, Forms, etc. you would have to buy the "full" (non-stand-alone?) Windows Oracle7. It is all suposed to come out in Jan95.

Drop me an EMail at PierceED_at_csus.edu (with your FAX#?) for more info.

EP Received on Wed Dec 21 1994 - 07:08:01 CET

Original text of this message