Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: Simon Stow <sstow_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 24 Nov 1994 16:05:42 GMT

In this industry, more than any other, we all have to compete in a global environment. I work for Oracle developing Oracle products in the United Kingdom. Here we employ many people with passports from many different countries: we even employ Americans on the UK equivalent of H-1 visas.

I know that in Oracle offices all around the world, from Moscow to Malaysia, from Brazil to Bracknell, there are many US citizens. I do not believe that their presence is resented. I suspect, but cannot prove, that there are many more US citizens working for Oracle in other countries than there are non-US citizens working for Oracle in the US.

We all now have to compete in a global market for software engineering skills. The internet reflects that. God knows I see enough postings for DBA jobs in states of the US that I have never even heard of. I relish that challenge. I'm sorry you don't.

Nobody ever won by not competing. If they did Albania would be the most powerful nation on the planet by now. Received on Thu Nov 24 1994 - 17:05:42 CET

Original text of this message