Re: Call C program within a trigger?

From: schaaph <schaaph_at_xs1.xs4all.nl>
Date: 25 Nov 1994 00:47:37 GMT

Li J. Cheng (lcheng_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu) wrote:
: Hi, everybody there:

: We are running Oracle server 7.0 on a RS6000 box, I want to
: know is it possible to run a C program within a triggerr? e.g,
: when user place an order, I want to activate a C program to
: send the order information to our Tandem machine(Which is not
: running any SQL database). If it is not possible to use trigger
: to do this, is there any other way to do this?
: Any help will be greatly appreciated, I will post a summary if
: enough people interested, please email me at lcheng_at_astro.ocis.
: temple.edu .

You could use the dbms_pipe package to send a message (containing the primary key) to a pipe and read the pipe in a Pro*C program. The C program just reads the pipe and sends the appropriate records to your tandem.

Teijo Doornkamp (doornkampt_at_vertis.nl) Received on Fri Nov 25 1994 - 01:47:37 CET

Original text of this message