Re: Oracle/PowerBuilder users?

From: Chuck Lynch <powersft_at_shore.net>
Date: 18 Nov 1994 15:11:30 GMT

In article <3agdo6$m5i_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com>, dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com (Dennis Moore) says:

>I don't mean to offend anyone, so please don't flame me for this post.
>
>I want to hear from people who are concerned about the continued likely
>openness of PowerBuilder, or lack thereof, particularly as it concerns the
>Oracle7 database. Oracle would like to assess what we can do to help you
>maintain your existing investments in the two products, as well as to provide
>you with options such as moving smoothly and inexpensively to CDE2.
>
>If possible, please send me e-mail at 'dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com' or post to this
>newsgroup. Flames to '/dev/null' -- I am not looking for a religious war, I'm
>looking for people who are looking for serious options. Thanks,
>
>-- Dennis Moore, my own opinions, etcetcetc

Dennis,

Thanks for asking. I am concerned that Oracle may decide to start closing the openness of it's API. I am especially concerned after reading your private e-mail sent to my attention. It sounds like you are trying to make an issue out our merger with Sybase. I think most of our customers would like to see a closer relationship between our companies - they are the ones that benefit after all.

If there is anything I can do to help in this regard, please feel free to call me.

Chuck Lynch [Powersoft]
The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of the Powersoft Corporation. Received on Fri Nov 18 1994 - 16:11:30 CET

Original text of this message