Re: Oracle/PowerBuilder users?

From: Mark Pfeifer <mpfeifer_at_csc.com>
Date: 18 Nov 1994 10:31:00 -0500

Dennis:

PowerBuilder 4.0 significantly improves the interface and connection to Oracle. I do not believe Powersoft/Sybase has any intentions of losing the market. One of the most power features of PB is to be able to switch RDMSs at run time without affecting the code.

Mark J. Pfeifer
mpfeifer_at_csc.com

Dennis Moore (dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: I don't mean to offend anyone, so please don't flame me for this post.

: I want to hear from people who are concerned about the continued likely
: openness of PowerBuilder, or lack thereof, particularly as it concerns the
: Oracle7 database. Oracle would like to assess what we can do to help you
: maintain your existing investments in the two products, as well as to provide
: you with options such as moving smoothly and inexpensively to CDE2.

: If possible, please send me e-mail at 'dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com' or post to this
: newsgroup. Flames to '/dev/null' -- I am not looking for a religious war, I'm
: looking for people who are looking for serious options. Thanks,

: -- Dennis Moore, my own opinions, etcetcetc