Re: IOUG and NCR 3K

From: Oracle71 <oracle71_at_aol.com>
Date: 18 Nov 1994 18:20:22 -0500

Date: 21 Sep 1994 01:49:53 GMT

>I am going to IOUG! Rather excited about it. Always wanted
>to go. I would like to hook up with some users who are using
>ORACLE on NCR 3k platforms. Preferably the 3600.

>Send some mail or contact by phone

*-----
Hope you got a chance to hook up with some folks. I was (*sigh*) unable to attend the IOUG, but I met up with some fine AT&T GIS folks who were at IOUG, along with some of their machines, when the travel-worn folks showed up at UNIX Expo in New York. We're already using Oracle 7.1 on a 3550 (8 x 486 processor configuration); we're having two 3555 series machines with the XP quadratic processor board option (2 x (4 Pentium 90 Mhz) boards each) coming in sometime in the next month or so. I was already very happy with Oracle 7 on the AT&T GIS / NCR Unix SMP platform; Oracle 7.1 with Parallel Query on our 3550 has already shown some dramatic improvements for us , and I can't wait to get my hands on the 3555's! (Take this with a bit of a grain of salt, but I've run Oracle on a lot of machines made by all sorts of people, and I think I'd find myself saying this even if our organization had nothing to do with AT&T... ;)

R (Scott) Hunter - Database Administrator AT&T CFO - Financial Services Organization - AT&T Tax Services Company internet: shunter_at_cfotax.attmail.com AT&TMail / AT&T EasyLink: cfotax!shunter Received on Sat Nov 19 1994 - 00:20:22 CET

Original text of this message