Re: Packet Filtering/security between Oracle servers

From: Lee E Parsons <lparsons_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 19:27:34 GMT

Paul Blair <centaur_at_hal.COM> wrote:

>Basically, what I am doing is setting a router on the T1 that
>will connect the two servers, and filtering out all but the
>port(s) needed for Oracle servers to communicate between one
>another, thus keeping things tight and secure, so there is
>no cross-talk between our machines.

Provided your allowing the sqlnet listener requests through and the user ports that the connection will be assigned to once the listener has finished the setup, you should be ok.

Be careful about how you set up sqlnet or you'll find that the other system has access to all your databases and not just the one your planning on giving them. (If thay have passwords that is and we all know how easy those are to get :)

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com