Packet Filtering/security between Oracle servers

From: Paul Blair <centaur_at_hal.COM>
Date: 15 Nov 1994 09:08:17 -0800

        My company and another has a need to sync up two oracle servers over a network so they can communicate with one another. While I have done this sort of thing before, I am not really familiar with how oracle works. Basically, what I am doing is setting a router on the T1 that will connect the two servers, and filtering out all but the port(s) needed for Oracle servers to communicate between one another, thus keeping things tight and secure, so there is no cross-talk between our machines. Has anyone else out there done this? Any help would be appreciated, as this is my first shot at doing this with Oracle.

		Paul Blair
		Systems Administrator
		HaL Computer Systems
		centaur_at_hal.com