Re: Oracle FTP site. Open Letter to Oracle

From: David B Criswell <dcriswel_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 9 Nov 1994 01:37:06 GMT

brosales_at_netcom.com (Bob Rosales) writes:

>mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu (Andrew McAllister) writes:
>
>>Dear Oracle,

>>I find it difficult to beleive that you do not have a presence on the
>>internet.
>>To that end, I offer you a solution.
>>I will personally provide the equipment, software, and internet access point
>>for a Public ftp and web site dedicated to Oracle software. I will manage
>>(or you may provide an Oracle employee to do so) the site on my personal
>>time and provide 6-24 service (Suday morning is our campus maintenance window).
>>Andrew McAllister -- mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu
>>Programmer Analyst II -- Office of Research
>>University of Missouri-Columbia
>>The views above do not reflect those of my employer (but I do have permission
>>to set up the site)
>

>Hurray, Andrew!
>If Oracle ever agrees to this solution, you can count on me for support!

Not speaking for them, but I'm pretty sure a public WWW site is being set up as we speak. He Who Sets These Things Up has posted here before, so I'm sure that this group will be the first to hear about it.

Dave Criswell
Oracle Corporation
Desktop Products Received on Wed Nov 09 1994 - 02:37:06 CET

Original text of this message