Re: Case 5.1

From: Keith Davidson <frozzboz_at_zork.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 18:11:21 +0000

In article: <398ass$2jb_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com> dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com (Dennis Moore) writes:

> I've been following a CASE 5.1/CDE2 availability thread for a little while, and
> thought this needs some official clarification.
>

> I hope this helps clear (rather than stir ;-) some things up. Thanks!
>
> -- Dennis Moore, Senior Director, Worldwide CDE Product Marketing, etcetcetc

One of the companies I worked for had to go to considerable effort to provide a Sun based CASE gui server, after waiting over three months for Oracle to deliver the goods on HP/UX, this on top of the time delay they had to suffer in waiting for V7 compliant (not one that works under V7!!) product.

This lead to loss of productivity, which would have been greater had we tried to adopt a company wide PC strategy.

Consider also the problems of the data administration staff, desperately trying to promote the CASE methodology, while not having a viable tool to offer the developers.

Please reconsider carefully the decision of making CASE only available on Windows, and be assured that people are seriously looking at alternatives.

>--<
frozzboz_at_zork.demon.co.uk (Keith Davidson)

Watch out The Borg are about Received on Tue Nov 08 1994 - 19:11:21 CET

Original text of this message