Re: Oracle FTP site. Open Letter to Oracle

From: Richard L. Allbery <allbery_at_gvg47.gvg.tek.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 13:44:51

In article <mcallister.4.000A1C1C_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu>  mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu (Andrew McAllister) writes:

>Dear Oracle,

>I find it difficult to beleive that you do not have a presence on the
>internet. In fact I find it a total disgrace. You are the number three
>(or is it #2) software company in the world, turning billions of dollars a
>year in revenue, and putting out the world's premier DBMS on multiple
>mainframe, mini, and micro computer platforms, yet you cannot manage a
>web server or even a simple ftp site. You shame yourself.

  I couldn't agree more. Right on! Get with it Oracle.

Richard L. Allbery - MS:8L   | allbery_at_gvg47.gvg.tek.com
System Administrator IV      | phone: 916.478.3214
The Grass Valley Group, Inc. | fax:   916.478.3911
13024 Bitney Springs Road    |--------------------+
P.O. Box 1114                | Opinions are mine! |
Grass Valley, CA 95945-1114  |--------------------+