Re: UNIX shell Environment Variables to Forms 3

From: Michael P. Vergara <vergara_at_nosc.mil>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 23:47:23 GMT

In article <37gkf4$9m8_at_rigel.infinet.com>, Edson Freeman <efreeman_at_infinet.com> wrote:
>Maria Paulo (mpaulo_at_metz.une.edu.au) wrote:
>: I thought this can be done quite easily but when I
>: dig into the SQL forms Designers Reference, I cannot
>: find a function that can be used to copy a UNIX environment
>: variable into a Forms 3.0 program.

>: Has anyone done this before and would you be kind to
>: share me how you did it?
>
>Actually, I'm having the same problem right now. I don't really want
>to hard code module names, path names, db instances, etc in my forms.
>Can anyone fill us in? Thanks in advance.
>
>--
You can embed unix or VMS environment variable references in your Forms and Menu code. Just reference them as you would in the o/s.

For example, if you want to reference your Oracle home directory, then you would use $ORACLE_HOME in your Form or Menu. It works if the variable has been pre-defined first!

HTH

Mike Vergara           |   Be good...and you will be lonesome
vergara_at_nosc.mil       |                                       Jimmy Buffett
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of anyone else but me.  So there.