Re: root window property (F4)

From: wu litao <litao_at_beethoven.cs.colostate.edu>
Date: 12 Oct 1994 21:07:05 -0600

> I ran into a situation: whatever I change title and WD/HT of root_window
>of an application, ORACLE Form 4 always gives me default root window
>(ie. position 0,0 WD/HT 80/24, and title Oracle Forms (Runform)) when I run
>the form. I used to be able to change the root window property of this
>application. But I cannot now since I made some change on it. Could
>you please tell what change causes this problem?

Then I added pre-form trigger to set desired window using set_window_property. You know what happened? The root window pop up for while and then gone. BUT when I tried to insert a record, or query a record., it died for "Bus Error (core dumped)". What is that??? I used to use set_window_property to do similar job, it works fine as I remember.

Help me please if you know why!

PS: I am using ORACLE 7.0.16.1.0 and OracleForms 4.0.12.4.1 on Solaris 2.3.

--
Litao Wu
Computer Science Department    Phone: (303)543-0204