Re: UNIX shell Environment Variables to Forms 3

From: Edson Freeman <efreeman_at_infinet.com>
Date: 12 Oct 1994 12:23:00 GMT

Maria Paulo (mpaulo_at_metz.une.edu.au) wrote:
: I thought this can be done quite easily but when I
: dig into the SQL forms Designers Reference, I cannot
: find a function that can be used to copy a UNIX environment
: variable into a Forms 3.0 program.

: Has anyone done this before and would you be kind to
: share me how you did it?

Actually, I'm having the same problem right now. I don't really want to hard code module names, path names, db instances, etc in my forms. Can anyone fill us in? Thanks in advance.

EDSON FREEMAN                            Hofstadter's Law: It always takes
efreeman_at_infinet.com                     longer than you think, even when you
                                         take into account Hofstadter's Law.