Re: Pro*C - Building DOS Executable?

From: David B Criswell <dcriswel_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 13 Oct 1994 03:55:11 GMT

geraldj117_at_aol.com (GeraldJ117) writes:

>In article <1994Oct9.020147.6415_at_venice.sedd.trw.com>,
>johnson_at_venice.sedd.trw.com (Clarence Johnson) writes:
>
>> Can you create a DOS executable with Pro*C for windows?
>
>This answer may be slightly out of date, but when we called oracle about
>our compiler (1.5 limited) in 7/94, the short answer was "No, wait for the
>production release."

True for 1.5.9, but starting with 1.5.10, Pro*C for DOS and Pro*C for Windows are seperate products. The two precompilers' output is identical, so you can create DOS executables under Windows, but you need the runtime libs which are found on the Pro*C for DOS disk. Also, the samples included with each are appropriate for the platform.

Dave Criswell
Oracle Corporation
Not speaking for them Received on Thu Oct 13 1994 - 04:55:11 CET

Original text of this message