Oracle OBACKUP

From: BARRY ROOMBERG <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 94 21:59:00 -0400

-> We're looking for more information on OBACKUP for the HP9000. What
-> does it do? Our backup software (Legato Networker) requires it for
-> their database backup module so we can backup and restore tables
-> without taking them offline. We're curious about the cost of the
-> OBACKUP product. Please reply by mail and I will summarize if there
-> is interest in the subject.

Huh? What's wrong with using normal Oracle backup procedure, ie: ALTER TABLESPACE BLAH BEGIN BACKUP, do your DD, ALTER TABLESSPACE BLAH END BACKUP, force a bunch of log switches, archive'em off, and you're done! Received on Thu Oct 06 1994 - 02:59:00 CET

Original text of this message