Re: Oracle products run only for user Oracle

From: Mark Hessling <mark_at_its.gu.edu.au>
Date: 6 Oct 1994 03:03:32 GMT

kartez_at_leon.cti.gr writes:

> Hi,
> We have a problem running Oracle (v.7) products in a Unix system,
>(SUNOS 4.1.3, Solaris 1.1) .Just because there were not any manuals for
>this particular version,the installation was made without manuals.The
>result is that nobody except Oracle (as a Unix account) can run the Oracle
>products(SQLPLUS,SQLFORMS,...).The error message we get when running
>SQLPLUS from a Unix account different from Oracle is:
>"Message 133 not found;No message file for product=SQLPlus, facility=SP2
> Message 231 not found;No message file for product=SQLPlus, facility=SP2
> Message 428 not found;No message file for product=SQLPlus, facility=SP2"
>Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
>email address:
>kartez_at_cti.gr

Check that the oracle executable; $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle is setuid to oracle. The file permissions should look something like:

-rws--x--x 1 oracle oracle 2433024 Mar 21 1992 oracle

CHeers, Mark.

Mark Hessling                         Email: M.Hessling_at_gu.edu.au
DBA,ITS                               Phone: +617 875 7691
Griffith University                   Fax:   +617 875 5314
Nathan, Brisbane                      ***** PDCurses Maintainer *****
QLD 4111                              *** Author of THE and GUROO ***
Australia                             ======= Member of RexxLA ======