Re: Oracle products run only for user Oracle

From: Michael P. Vergara <vergara_at_nosc.mil>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 21:31:16 GMT

In article <5OCT94.19113216_at_leon.cti.gr>, <kartez_at_leon.cti.gr> wrote:

> Hi,
> We have a problem running Oracle (v.7) products in a Unix system,
>(SUNOS 4.1.3, Solaris 1.1) .Just because there were not any manuals for
>this particular version,the installation was made without manuals.The
>result is that nobody except Oracle (as a Unix account) can run the Oracle
>products(SQLPLUS,SQLFORMS,...).The error message we get when running
>SQLPLUS from a Unix account different from Oracle is:
>"Message 133 not found;No message file for product=SQLPlus, facility=SP2
> Message 231 not found;No message file for product=SQLPlus, facility=SP2
> Message 428 not found;No message file for product=SQLPlus, facility=SP2"
>Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
>email address:
>kartez_at_cti.gr

In the directory ORACLE_HOME/bin, look for two files, called 'oraenv' and 'coraenv'. These files set up certain environment variables for Oracle. If you are running csh, include the text from coraenv in your .cshrc file; if sh, use oraenv. This should get you set up.

Mike Vergara           |   Be good...and you will be lonesome
vergara_at_nosc.mil       |                                       Jimmy Buffett
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of anyone else but me.  So there.