Re: Need Comparisons of Oracle 7 and Sybase 10

From: Scott Simmons <ssimmons_at_sybase.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 13:37:58 GMT

<FLAME ON>

It annoys me to no end that I have to muddle through these Oracle ramblings on a technical forum .. The real proof in the Oracle versus Sybase performance debate centers on the lack of any TPC-C benchmark results from Oracle. Perhaps Oracle is trying to create the 'son-of-the-discrete-transaction' to avoid a real world comparison  of the TPC-C results BUT in any case, it would be nice to see these types of biased postings ended .. I, for one, am more interested in assisting Sybase users solve their current problems than replying to these types of biased responses from the 'Company across the Bay'..

<FLAME OFF>

  • Initial posting deleted ============