Unable to get DIRECT load to work in SQL*LOADER: Novell, Oracle 7.0

From: Managed Imaging <lkramer_at_clark.net>
Date: 29 Sep 1994 13:48:57 GMT

We're new to Oracle so we've probably not grasped something, but...

We have a newly built database (tablespaces, data files, extents, and tables) and are able to load data in using SQL*LOADER using the conventional load, but not with DIRECT=TRUE. When we do this we get the following error:

SQL*LOADER-918: The catalog must be loaded (as SYS) for direct path to be used.

Looking in the error codes manual there is no SQL*LOADER-918 error, but there is a SQL*LOADER-909 with a message that is exactly the same as comes up on our console.

Further perusing through the manuals tells us that the script CATLDR.SQL must be run before direct load can work. We have done this, but it hasn't solved the problem.

Any thoughts on what we are doing wrong will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry Received on Thu Sep 29 1994 - 14:48:57 CET

Original text of this message