Standard Rpt Submission in Financials

From: Ken Boff <ken.boff_at_business.gatech.edu>
Date: 29 Sep 1994 13:25:09 GMT

I'm developing a program that will be launched from Standard Report Submission screen in Oracle Financials. The program builds a SQL*Net Connection to a remote Oracle server and copies data from the remote server to the Financials Server.

One of the program parameters is the userid/password of the user invoking the program. The problem is that on the View Concurrent Requests screen, the parameters are displayed on the information line on the bottom of the screen. This creates an obvious security problem in that the userid/password combination is there for all the world to see.

Does anyone know of a workaround where I can somehow prevent the program parameters from displaying on the Concurrent Manager screen?

Ken Boff
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA
ken.boff_at_business.gatech.edu