Comparison btw Oracle/Informix/Sybase

From: Mike Redford <mredford_at_impact.drexel.edu>
Date: 29 Sep 1994 13:55:23 GMT

   I NEED A HELP IN COMPARING THE THREE COMMON RELATIONAL DATABASES

Informix ---------Sybas----------------Oracle-------

I am guru in informix database. Have an idea of Sybase and Oracle but has not done anything with them lately. After install how do I get started invoking sybase or oracle. How do I compile after writing code with my editor? In informix we create tables in two ways either by using isql or by writing a main program that creates the tables. Is this true of Sybase and Oracle. What is the similarities btw the informix sql and the oracle sql form, report etc.

How can I get more information if I want to learn Sybase and Oracle?
How is the best way to master Sybase and Oracle? Informix has training manuals. If you have any information how I could call Sybase and Oracle and request for the training amnuals , please let me have the phone numbers. I am old programmer, who will like to keep his skill alive.
Please mail a copy of your solution directly to me. Thanks
God Bless America
Mike Redford Received on Thu Sep 29 1994 - 14:55:23 CET

Original text of this message