ORACLE7 Privilages

From: T. Ramesh <tramesh_at_iitb.ernet.in>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 1994 14:28:33 GMT

Hello,

        How do i grant SELECT privilage for selective columns of a database table in ORACLE.Using GRANT iam able to grant INSERT, DELETE privilages on selective columns but SELECT does not work.

for example,

                GRANT SELECT (col1,col4,col5,...) ON table to user; reports parsing error.

I don't want to create a view out of the table.Can any one suggest any method of implementation and is this a restriction with ORACLE.

As our news feed is not reliable kindly reply by mail. my mailing address : tramesh_at_iitb.ernet.in

Thanks a lot,

T.Ramesh. Received on Sat Sep 24 1994 - 16:28:33 CEST

Original text of this message