Passing records from db triggers on Oracle 7?

From: Thierry A. Lach <tlach_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE>
Date: 24 Sep 1994 15:20:48 GMT

Is there an easy way to generically pass information from triggers into procedures or functions in oracle 7? I would like to do something similar to:

create procedure HANDLE_TABLE_B (typ in char, rec TABLE_B%rowtype) is
begin

-- whatever needs to be done
--

end;

create trigger a on table_b
before insert or update or delete
for each row
begin

	if inserting or updating
	then
        HANDLE_TABLE_B('NEW', record);
	end if;
	if updating or deleting
	then
        HANDLE_TABLE_B('OLD', record);
------------------------------******   This is what I can't find a way to do
	end if;

end if;

I've tried passing :old, I've tried defining TABLE_B%rowtype and setting it to :old. I've tried a bunch of things, and I can't find a way to do it without setting each column in the record individually.

HELP!

Thierry Lach                           | Sufficiently superior technology |
Work: thierry_at_eccdb1.pms.ford.com      | is indistinguishable from magic. |
Home: curlie!thierry_at_sycom.mi.org      |==================================|
#include <std.disclaimer>              |         We Do Magic Here!        |