Re: Help Accessing V7 BLOBS via OCI/Pro*C

From: JEFF CHAMBLEE <chamblej_at_author.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: 23 Sep 1994 17:33 -0500

In article <35u64v$cs3_at_gorgon.gatwick.Geco-Prakla.slb.com>, davies_at_stavanger.sgp.slb.com writes...
>Hi,
>
>I am planning to play around with the Long Data Type
>(a BLOB) now supported in Version 7.
>
>I recently attended the Oracle Programming Course in
>the UK and asked about accessing BLOBS. Unfortunately
>the course had not been updated to cover this new feature.
>
>I was told that Pro*C (2) did not support access to
>the LONG type, but that I could use the OCI interface
>- the call family is "oflong()".

You can certainly use Pro*C to load data with an INSERT statement and read it with a SELECT statement. The advantage of OCI is that you can use oflng() to select a portion of the BLOB instead of the whole. Received on Sat Sep 24 1994 - 00:33:00 CEST

Original text of this message