Help Accessing V7 BLOBS via OCI/Pro*C

From: Gareth W Davies - Systems Engineer Stavanger <davies_at_stavanger.sgp.slb.com>
Date: 23 Sep 1994 09:11:58 GMT

Hi,

I am planning to play around with the Long Data Type (a BLOB) now supported in Version 7.

I recently attended the Oracle Programming Course in the UK and asked about accessing BLOBS. Unfortunately the course had not been updated to cover this new feature.

I was told that Pro*C (2) did not support access to the LONG type, but that I could use the OCI interface
- the call family is "oflong()".

However I have searched the Manuals I got with my installation - and even the Oracle Book on line document (CD). But find no reference to these access functions.

Can any one help me, do you have any experience using this type - are there any pitfalls to avoid. Can you point me at the correct documentation - or even post the highlights.

Any information/help would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Gareth

  • I'm Running version 7.0.16.4.0 on SunOs 4.1.3.