Help Accessing V7 BLOBS via OCI/Pro*C

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 22:59:00 -0500

-> I was told that Pro*C (2) did not support access to
-> the LONG type, but that I could use the OCI interface
-> - the call family is "oflong()".

Huh? I've been accessing LONGs from PROC for years. I don't use the OCI. It's just another type, the only restriction I seem to recall (it's been a few years since I had to work out the logic) was that you could not ask for the size and had to pre-allocate a very large buffer.

I also seem to recall from reading the docs (newer) is that there are some OCI functions to access pieces of the LONG field, since you can store a 200MB item, but you'd have some real problems allocating a 200MB buffer to store it in. Received on Sat Sep 24 1994 - 05:59:00 CEST

Original text of this message