Re: ms-windows client/Netware server

From: Jeremy Logue <logue_at_mitre.org>
Date: 12 Sep 1994 19:20:30 GMT

David Elliott (dae_at_pencom.com) wrote:

: Also, could you recommend any Oracle or non-Oracle tools that
: will make being a dba easier? I'd love some tools that graphically
: show me the
: tables and primary/foreign key relationships between them.

: Thanks in advance. Please reply here as others may want to know too.

: David Elliott
: Pencom Software
: Austin, Texas

Platinum Technologies (800.442.6861) makes a product called Desktop DBA which provides much of the functionality of SQL*DBA in a ms-windows environment. It also includes some additional functions like being able to capture DDL from existing objects. You can use this product to see all the objects in the database. However, it does not show the relationships between them.

I am not trying to endorse this product, but it is the only DBA tool that I am aware of in the Windows environment, if there are any others, I would like to here about them.

I do not believe Oracle has any GUI tools of its own. I believe they are supposed to release Server Manager with 7.1. This is supposed to be a GUI tool that will eventually take the place of SQL*DBA. Jeremy Logue Received on Mon Sep 12 1994 - 21:20:30 CEST

Original text of this message