DBA_ tables

From: <kkc_at_nauvax.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 22:11:40 GMT

I have been trying to get some information from the various DBA_, ALL_ and USER_ tables in order to figure out variouse grants issues and space usage things like that. However, I am experiencing a very frustrating phenomenon: When I say "select table_name from all_tables" I can get a list of all the table names in the database. As soon as I try to clarify the select statement by saying "select table_name from all_tables where table_name = CUSTOMER" I get the 'invalid column name' error even though table_name is in fact a valid column name. It's like as soon as I specify a 'where' I am missing a particular clarifier or something? Can anyone shed some light on this? It only happens with the base ORACLE tables, I have checked and double checked for any typos or security problems, I have tried it with quotes, without quotes, and with single quotes, but it happens with numeric fields also?

thanks
Kathy Carmichael
kkc_at_nauvax.ucc.nau.edu Received on Tue Sep 13 1994 - 00:11:40 CEST

Original text of this message