Incremental Oracle export ???

From: Lionel Lee Yuin <lionell_at_solomon.technet.sg>
Date: 9 Sep 1994 05:11:41 GMT

Hi folks,
Since I'm an Oracle newbie, I need your invaluable technical advice:- Can the Oracle export utility be configured to perform incremental database export rather than full database export ? If so, please tell me how ? The bottom scripts are currently used to perform full database export daily - which consumed too much time! e.g. generating a 240MB export file takes more than 50 minutes every day! What is the implication of incremental export? Does incremental DB export imply that tablespace cannot be restored as of that day? Please kindly forward your replies to lionell_at_sp.ac.sg

backup.sh

PATH=/opt/oracle/bin:$PATH
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle

ORACLE_SID=prod
export ORACLE_SID
ORAENV_ASK=NO
export ORAENV_ASK
 /opt/bin/oraenv
exp parfile=$ORACLE_HOME/backup/prod.infile

prod.infile
userid=/
grants=n
buffer=2000000

full=y
log=/opt/oracle/tuneprod/log/prod.dmp.log file=/proddbs2/dmp/prod.dmp

Thanks & regards,
Lionel Lee Received on Fri Sep 09 1994 - 07:11:41 CEST

Original text of this message