Re: Incremental Oracle export ???

From: Rajan Datta <dattar_at_govonca.gov.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 21:36:19 GMT

Hello there,

Re: Oracle ability to do incremental exports

Yes, Oracle can do incremental exports along with cumulative exports. Basically, incremental exports and cumulative exports are quite similiar. Incremental exports backup data that has changed since the last incremental export. Cumulative exports backup data since the last time you ran a cumulative export. A simple strategy would be to do a full export, a cumulative export once a week and an incremental export ecery day. Sounds like just the ticket for you.

Your script has full=y, leading to a full backup. Look again in the 'Server Utilities guide' export chapter for the exact setting. I don't have it with me.

Rajan Received on Thu Sep 15 1994 - 23:36:19 CEST

Original text of this message