Re: Removed Datafile, now I'm stuck!

From: Debby Ganote <dganote_at_mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil>
Date: 7 Sep 1994 20:39:05 GMT

: >The problem:
: >I altered our temp tablespace by adding a datafile.
: >When I was done needing this datafile I went and used the
: >unix remove command to delete the datafile.
: >Now I'm getting the error "Can't find datafile xxxxx".
: >
: >How can I get Oracle to delete this datafile from its
: >memory? How come there isn't a "delete datafile" when
: >there is an "add datafile"?

Thanks to all the good advice I got the problem is solved.

The solution:
I dropped all the datafiles for the temp tablespace via "Alter database datafile xxxx offline drop". Then I dropped the tablespace and re-created it.

Whew, glad that's over!

--
Debby "I love DBAs, I just don't want to be one"